Homeowners in search of AC repair services in Jacksonville can turn to Estes Heating and Air for quick and reliable solutions to any AC issues. Our experienced team has been around since 1992, and there’s no issue that is too big or small for us to handle. We pride ourselves on providing small-company service with large-company speed.
In Jacksonville, Florida, having a functioning air conditioning system is crucial, especially during the hot and humid summer months. A broken AC unit can cause discomfort, decreased productivity, and even health problems for you and your family.
That's why it's important to trust a reliable and experienced HVAC company like Estes Heating & Air Conditioning for all your AC repair needs.
Our team of certified technicians is available to provide emergency repair services 24/7, ensuring that your AC unit is up and running as soon as possible. We take pride in our commitment to customer satisfaction and use only the highest quality parts and equipment to ensure that your AC unit runs efficiently and effectively.
“Made special arrangements to come out right away because I thought I was having a problem. The guys were on time and explained everything to me including answering all my questions. I'm going to have some more work soon and will only call Estes!”Jennifer F.
At Estes Heating & Air Conditioning, we understand that a well-functioning air conditioning system is essential for your comfort during the hot months. However, AC units can encounter problems that affect their performance. Being aware of the most common AC problems can help you identify issues early and seek professional assistance before they escalate.
Here are some of the frequent AC problems homeowners may encounter:
- Insufficient Cooling: If your AC is running but not providing adequate cooling, it could indicate issues with the compressor, refrigerant levels, or even a dirty evaporator coil. A professional inspection can pinpoint the cause and recommend the appropriate solution.
- Poor Airflow: Limited airflow from the vents can be caused by clogged air filters, blocked ducts, or a malfunctioning blower motor. Addressing these issues promptly is crucial to maintain consistent cooling and prevent strain on the system.
- Frequent Cycling: If your AC turns on and off frequently, it might be short-cycling. This can result from an oversized unit, a faulty thermostat, or refrigerant leaks. Short-cycling reduces efficiency and puts extra stress on the components.
- High Energy Bills: A sudden increase in your energy bills without a change in usage patterns can signal an inefficient AC system. Dirty filters, refrigerant leaks, or a lack of maintenance can cause the system to work harder and consume more energy.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Low refrigerant levels can result from leaks in the AC system. Refrigerant is essential for cooling, and a leak can lead to inadequate cooling and potential damage to the compressor.
- Strange Noises: Unusual noises such as grinding, banging, or squealing could indicate worn-out parts, loose components, or debris within the system. Ignoring these sounds can lead to further damage.
- Frozen Evaporator Coil: A frozen evaporator coil can result from restricted airflow, low refrigerant levels, or other issues. It affects the cooling process and can lead to reduced comfort levels.
- Thermostat Problems: Inaccurate thermostat readings or a malfunctioning thermostat can cause temperature inconsistencies and affect your comfort. Calibrating or replacing the thermostat can resolve this issue.
- Water Leaks: Water pooling around the AC unit or water dripping from the indoor unit can be a sign of a clogged condensate drain or a refrigerant leak. Addressing these issues prevents water damage and potential mold growth.
- Electrical Issues: Issues with electrical components such as capacitors, relays, or wiring can lead to intermittent cooling or complete system failure. Professional diagnosis and repair are necessary to ensure safety and proper functioning.
If you encounter any of these common AC problems or other issues with your air conditioning system, don't hesitate to contact Estes Heating & Air Conditioning. Our experienced technicians are equipped to diagnose and resolve AC problems promptly, ensuring your home remains cool and comfortable throughout the warm season.
Why Is My AC Leaking?
If there is fluid leaking from an air conditioning unit, it's important to take action as soon as possible. When homeowners aren’t sure what's causing the leak, it's best to call in a professional HVAC technician for an inspection. They'll be able to diagnose the problem and provide an estimate for repairs.
Here are a few potential reasons why an AC may be leaking fluid:
- Clogged condensate drain line: One of the most common causes of AC fluid leaks is a clogged condensate drain line. The condensate drain line is responsible for carrying moisture away from the unit, but if it becomes clogged with dirt, dust, or other debris, the moisture can back up and overflow, causing a leak. Regular maintenance, such as cleaning the drain line and changing the air filter, can help prevent this issue.
- Refrigerant leak: Another potential cause of AC leaks is a refrigerant leak. Refrigerant is the substance that cools the air in a home, and if there's a leak, it can cause fluid to drip from the unit. Refrigerant leaks can be due to a variety of factors, including aging components, physical damage to the unit, or poor installation.
- Broken condensate pan: The condensate pan is the container that collects moisture that's drained away from the unit. If the pan becomes cracked or broken, it can cause liquid to leak from the AC. This issue may require a replacement of the condensate pan, which is typically a job for a professional technician.
What to Expect During an AC Repair Service Call
When a professional is called on for AC repair, customers can expect a few key steps. First, the technician will perform a thorough inspection of the unit to identify the root cause of the issue. This may involve checking refrigerant levels, inspecting electrical components, and cleaning the unit. Once the problem has been identified, the technician will provide an estimate for the repair. Depending on the issue, the repair may be completed on the spot, or the technician may need to order parts or schedule a follow-up appointment.
Throughout the repair process, the technician will keep the homeowner informed about what they're doing and what to expect. They'll also provide tips on how to maintain the unit to prevent future issues and prolong the life of the AC.
Commercial HVAC Maintenance
Estes offers affordable Maintenance plans and discounts on replacements, parts, and labor.
Estes professionally cleans your entire A/C system, inside & out. Clean the coils, lubricate all moving parts and install new filters.
- Central air conditioning maintenance
- Commercial air conditioning
- Ductless systems
- Digital thermostats
- Gas Furnace Maintenance
- Geothermal Heat Pump Systems
- Gas Furnace Service
- Heating Unit Installation
Refrigeration/ Walk-In Cooler Repair
Has your commercial refrigeration system stopped working, not blowing cold air, or making odd noises?
Estes offers repairs or replacements. We will work with you to provide a high-quality service and exceptional customer service.
Our TeamView Gallery
New ConstructionView Gallery
HVAC MaintenanceView Gallery
System ChangeoutsView Gallery
Duct CleaningView Gallery
The Little GymView Gallery
Lush CosmeticsView Gallery
RideNow PowersportsView Gallery
Total SalonView Gallery
Go Store ItView Gallery
Before and AfterView Gallery